The Junior League of Pittsburgh, Inc., was incorporated on October 7, 1922 at No. 2340 October Term, 1922, in the Court of Common Pleas of the County of Allegheny, Pennsylvania, by Decree of Incorporation as follows:
And now, October 7, A.D. 1922, the within certificate of the incorporation of the Junior League of Pittsburgh, Incorporated, having been presented to me, a Law Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of the County of Allegheny, Pennsylvania, accompanied by the proofs of publication of the notice of this application as required by law, and by the rules of this Court in such case made and provided, I herely certify that I have perused and examined the said certificate and have found the same to be in proper forum and within the purposes named in the first class of corporations specified in Section 2 of the Act of April 29, 1874, and the several supplements thereto, and it appearing to be lawful and not injurious to the Community, on motion of John D. Brown and Thomas M. Brown, Attorneys for Petitioners, I do hereby approve of said Certificate of Incorporation together with this order, that the subscribers thereto and their associates and successors shall be a corporation by the name and title of The Junior League of Pittsburgh, Incorporated, for the purposes and upon the terms therein stated.
/s/ James B. Drew
The Charter of the Junior League of Pittsburgh, Incorporated, was amended in 1967 to read as follows:
- The name of the Corporation is the Junior League of Pittsburgh, Incorporated.
- That the location and post office address of its initial registered office following the Decree approving amendment of the Corporation’s Articles of Incorporation is 308 Frick Building, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219.
- The purpose or purposes of the corporation are: to foster interest among its members in the social, economic, education, cultural and civic conditions of the community and to make efficient their volunteer service.
- The Corporation does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit, incidental or otherwise, to its members.
- The term of its existence is perpetual.
- The Corporation shall have a Board of Directors of not less than eleven persons.
- The Corporation shall issue no capital stock.