Community Partner Grant
- Requesting funding for a program in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
- Provide a one-page document with the following information:
- Organization information – contact Info, mission, vision and community impact history
- Program Information – how the program is working against the causes and impacts of food insecurity, what specific issue(s) the program addresses, measurable goals and itemized plan for funds
- Grant must be for programming, not for administrative costs (e.g., wages or travel).
- Grants can be used as part of a funding match program with another organization.
- JLP membership routinely provides thousands of volunteer hours annually to organizations in the Pittsburgh region. Can you please share what types of volunteer opportunities exist within your organization? Give the approximate time commitment, how many volunteers are needed and the approximate location for each opportunity. The League is interested in both single-event volunteer opportunities and more long-term, repeating opportunities.
- If awarded a grant from the JLP:
- How will your organization highlight and recognize the grant? For example, will JLP members be invited to annual awards or galas, will the award be noted in an annual report, will your organization send a press release, etc.?
- Does your organization have the ability and willingness to become a formal community partner? For more information, please review the JLP memorandum of understanding.
- IRS determination letter of 501c(3) status
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Email applications to email@example.com or mail them to:
Research and Development Chair
Junior League of Pittsburgh
33 Terminal Way, Suite 531A
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1212.
- Application deadline: March 15
- Finalists determined by March 20
- Finalists asked to provide additional background information by March 25
- Winners notified on or before April 8
The Junior League of Pittsburgh’s Research and Development Committee is always looking for opportunities to collaborate with local organizations that align with the League’s mission. For further information, please contact the Research and Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to grant funding, there are opportunities to receive volunteer support from members of the League.