1940s: Children’s Theater added The Children’s Bookshelf, a radio program.
1940 – 1942 Camera Club is started with annual photo contests
1943: The Junior League of Pittsburgh membership grows to 363 members.
1941 – 1945: The League begins to help the newly formed Civilian Defense Volunteer Bureau by training volunteers on how to address postwar needs in the community. Sewing kits were assembled & blood drives organized.
1949: A recreation program at Woodville State Hospital aided mental patients.
1948 – 1949: The League, in conjunction with the Carnegie Institute, begins a project to open an Art and Nature shop located in the Carnegie Museum. The League managed the shop and provided volunteer clerks.